First-Ever Cville Repair Café is November 15 at IX
You’re invited to join us from 3pm to 5pm on Sunday, November 15, 2015, at Portico in the IX building (981 2nd St SE in downtown Cville). A team of volunteer fixers will be on hand to repair household appliances, clothing, jewelry, toys, bikes and more!
When you bring in your item, you’ll get to sit down and watch the repair. Learn how fun and simple – or complex and fascinating – fixing things can be. And since it’s a café, we’ll have food and drinks and tables and chairs so you can hang out and get to know your neighbors, too.
This event features:
- Hands-On Bike Repair Stations by Community Bikes –Charlottesville Community Bikes is a non-profit bicycle shop that works to promote environmentally-sound transportation, recycle bicycles, and make cycling accessible. They have open shop hours every week on Avon St. where you can learn how to repair your OWN bike, and their volunteers will join us to share bike know-how with YOU.
- FREE Food and Drinks – Snacks and munchies prepared with love by TimeBank members and local caterers like Harvest Moon.
- Kids’ Art Table – Kids age 5 and up can hang out at the art table to draw and do crafts.
- Live Music – Acoustic tunes by local friends.
- Reading Table – Browse how-to repair books and info on local repair shops & classes.
For more information, go to the Repair Cafe site.